Skip to main content
TEP Events Archives
April 16, 2019
- Dweck, Carol S., Walton, Gregory M., and Cohen, Geoffrey L. (2014). Academic Tenacity: Mindsets and Skills That Promote Long-Term Learning. Retrieved from: http://gregorywalton-stanford.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/4/4/49448111/dweckwaltoncohen_2014.pdf
- Dweck, Carol. (2014). The Power of Believing That You Can Improve. Retrieved from: https://www.ted.com/talks/carol_dweck_the_power_of_believing_that_you_can_improve?language=en#t-443378
- Canning, Elizabeth A., Muenks, Katherine, Green, Dorainne J., and Murphy, Mary C. (2019). STEM faculty who believe ability is fixed have larger racial achievement gaps and inspire less student motivation in their classes. Retrieved from: https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/2/eaau4734/tab-pdf
February 19, 2019
- Johnson, Steve. (January 31, 2019). How One Professor Learned to Stop Worrying and Drop the Deadline. Retrieved from: https://www.chronicle.com/article/How-One-Professor-Learned-to/245590?
- Volk, Steven. (February 3, 2019). Actually, Deadlines DO Matter [Blog post]. Retrieved from: https://steven-volk.blog/2019/02/03/actually-deadlines-do-matter/
- Ariely, Dan, and Klaus Wertenbroch. (2002). Procrastination, Deadlines, and Performance: Self-Control by Precommitment. Psychological Science 13 (3), 219-224. Retrieved from: https://library.lcproxy.org/login?url=https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/1467-9280.00441
- Gannon, Kevin. (November 26, 2017). How to Escape Grading Jail. Retrieved from: https://www.chronicle.com/article/How-to-Escape-Grading-Jail/241830
October 2, 2018
- Kaplan, Matthew, & Miller, A. T. (2007). Scholarship of multicultural teaching and learning (New directions for teaching and learning ; no. 111). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. Retrieved from: https://primo.lclark.edu/primo-explore/fulldisplay?docid=CP7199309120001451&context=L&vid=LCC&search_scope=local_nz&tab=lc_summit&lang=en_US
- Lewis & Clark Office of Diversity and Inclusion. (September 20, 2018). Culturally Engaging Campus Climates Survey Highlights for CAS Department Chair. . Retrieved from: https://college.lclark.edu/live/files/26733-office-of-diversity-and-inclusion-report
- Yale Center for Teaching and Learning. (n.d.). Inclusive Classroom Climate. Retrieved from: https://ctl.yale.edu/ClassClimates
- Yeager, David, Walton, Gregory, & Cohen, Geoffrey (2013). Addressing achievement gaps with psychological interventions.Phi Delta Kappan, 94(5), 62-65. Retrieved from: http://gregorywalton-stanford.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/4/4/49448111/yeager_walton_cohen_2013.pdf
November 28, 2017
- Houston, N. (2017, May 8). The Semester Review [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/the-semester-review/64008
- Salter, A. (2016, December 16). Working Over Break [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/working-over-break/63331
March 16, 2017
- Alison Cook-Sather, Mary Katherine Woodworth Chair and Professor in the Bryn Mawr/Haverford Education Program and Director of Peace, Conflict and Social Justice Program, Bryn Mawr College.
March 1, 2017
- Janet Steverson, Douglas K. Newell Professor of Teaching Excellence, College Dean of Diversity and Inclusion, Lewis & Clark College.
February 14, 2017
- Michelle Kirton, Associate Director of Counseling/Training Director, Lewis & Clark College
November 2, 2016
- Kelly, M.R. (2016, October 24). Notes from Constructing More Inclusive and Equitable College Classrooms. Retrieved from https://college.lclark.edu/live/files/22832-tepsammuseus24oct2016-1pdf
- Walton, G. M., Cohen, G. L., & Steele, D. M. (n.d.). Empirically Validated Strategies to Reduce Stereotype Threat. Retrieved from http://gregorywalton-stanford.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/4/4/49448111/strategiestoreducestereotypethreat.pdf
- Yeager, D., Walton, G., & Cohen, G. (2013). Addressing achievement gaps with psychological interventions. Phi Delta Kappan,94(5), 62-65.
October 24, 2016
- Speaker: Samuel Museus, Associate Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs at Indiana University, Bloomington, and founding director of the Culturally Engaging Campus Environments (CECE) Project.
October 18, 2016
- Rosen, L. (n.d.). Mid-term Student Feedback | AAN. [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://fod.msu.edu/oir/mid-term-student-feedback
- Volk, S. (2013, October 7). Mid-semester Evaluations. [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://languages.oberlin.edu/blogs/ctie/2013/10/06/mid-semester-evaluations/
October 5, 2016
- Gooblar, D. (2015, March 18). Getting Them to Stop Talking. [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://chroniclevitae.com/news/945-getting-them-to-stop-talking
- Marshall, K. (2015, April 10). How to Work the Lecture Hall. Retrieved from https://chroniclevitae.com/news/970-how-to-work-the-lecture-hall
- Templeton, E. E. (2010, January 27). Silence is Golden . . . [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/silence-is-golden/22936