Off-Campus Access to RefWorks
- If you access RefWorks from a link on the library's web site, RefWorks should work just like it does on campus. You will be asked for your LC email and password by the library's proxy server.
- If you do not use the from a link on the library's web site to access RefWorks from off-campus, you will be asked for our library's group code. Alumni needing the group code, should email email@example.com to obtain it.
Exporting records to RefWorks from the LC Worldcat Catalog or the SUMMIT Catalog
- Click the "Cite/Export" button while looking a a particular record.
- Under Export a Citation, click on "Export to Refworks"
Exporting records to RefWorks from the Lewis & Clark Classic Library Catalog
- In the L&C Classic Library Catalog,
on the "Other Links/RefWorks" link on the page that displays the full record for a item.
- On the next page you will see a "Save to RefWorks" button. If you haven't already logged in to RefWorks, you will be prompted to
do so. Once you have logged in, your citation information will be automatically
Exporting records to RefWorks from research databases
- Many research databases have a way to export individual records and groups of records into RefWorks, although it is often difficult to figure out how to do it. In a pinch you can use "Get Item" button.
Just click on the orange button and a page will appear with a "Save to RefWorks" button.
- If no "Save" or "Export" feature appears, it will be necessary to manually fill in or copy and paste the required citation information into a RefWorks form.
- Login to Refworks and under the "References" drop-down menu select "Add New Reference" and Import.