L&C + Summit + Articles, etc.
Search with this setting to find articles and other content from many electronic journals and databases.
For a more specialized
search, refer to Research Guides and Databases by Subject
, the A-Z List of Databases
, or select the
databases tab above and enter the name of a specific database.
Search for items at libraries around the world and submit Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests.
Research Guide: Core 107 - Roberts - spring 2012
General Research Databases
- Primo is the new catalog that includes materials available at L&C and Summit libraries. Depending on how you construct your search you can also find some journal or newspaper articles, or even images! There is an FAQ here. (more info)
- Use the advanced search function to search within a specific discipline. (more info)
Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier is a comprehensive, scholarly, and multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 12,000 full-text periodicals, including more than 4,700 peer-reviewed journals. (more info)
- Google's academic search engine now has links to the full text that Watzek Library provides. (more info)
- Full text of national, regional, and international newspapers, business, and legal sources and more. (more info)
- A unique collaboration between libraries and the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies, providing 100% full-text, online access to over 400 titles from prestigious humanities and social sciences journals and nearly 100 not-for-profit publishers. Browse by discipline and select folklore under social sciences (more info)
Subject-specific Research Databases
- Indexes the scholarly literature on the history of the world, excluding the U.S. and Canada. Includes article abstracts and citations of books and dissertations on world history from 1450 to the present. See "America: History and Life" for U.S. and Canadian history. (more info)
U.S. History in Context
- Unlike other sources that only offer periodical or bibliographic information, this broad collection includes full-text periodicals, reference works, primary documents and scholarly analysis. (more info)
SocINDEX with full text
- Sociology and anthropology research database with over 2000 journals. (more info)
- One of the most important indexes to the literature of sociology, cultural anthropology and related disciplines. Indexes 1800+ journals and other literature. (more info)
Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 570 journals, and selected coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of more than 770 titles. (more info)
James J. Kopp First-year Research Awards
The library gives out awards?
- Yes, two first-year students will win cash prizes for excellence in library research demonstrated in the E&D spring paper or project! (more info)