L&C + Summit + Articles, etc.
Search with this setting to find articles and other content from many electronic journals and databases.
For a more specialized
search, refer to Research Guides and Databases by Subject
, the A-Z List of Databases
, or select the
databases tab above and enter the name of a specific database.
Search for items at libraries around the world and submit Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests.
Research Guide: CORE 107 Cameron-Dominguez Spring 2012
James J. Kopp First-year Research Awards
The library gives out awards?
- Yes, two first-year students will win cash prizes for excellence in library research demonstrated in the E&D spring paper or project! (more info)
Encyclopedia of Activism and Social Justice
- Print. International in scope. Covers topics which have shaped the fields of activism, civil engagement and social justice as well as offering short biographies of the major thinkers and leaders. (more info)
Encyclopedia of American Social Movements
- Print. On social movements in American history from the 1700s to the present. Articles are signed and have references. (more info)
Encyclopedia of European social history from 1350 to 2000
- Print. A six volume encyclopedia with a good index and strong bibliographies. (more info)
Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict
- Print. Lengthy articles on modern warfare, conflict, violence, and peace. Also police brutality, aggression in sports, television violence, and animal aggression. Broad interdisciplinary coverage. (more info)
Extremist groups : information for students
- Print. Information on 150 extremist groups from around the world, the majority of which are active today. The emphasis is on the political activities of groups, rather than on individuals. (more info)
International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
- Online. Articles and biographies contributed by scholars from around the world on a wide array of global topics in the social sciences. (more info)
Protest, power, and change
- Print. Encyclopedia of nonviolent action from ACT-UP to women's suffrage. Includes entries on individuals, organizations, specific campaigns and methods of non-violent protest. (more info)
Scholarly Journal Articles
Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier is a comprehensive, scholarly, and multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 12,000 full-text periodicals, including more than 4,700 peer-reviewed journals. (more info)
America: History and Life
- Indexes the scholarly literature on the history of the U.S. and Canada. Includes links to full text of the articles also included in JSTOR. (more info)
- Indexes the scholarly literature on the history of the world, excluding the U.S. and Canada. Includes article abstracts and citations of books and dissertations on world history from 1450 to the present. See "America: History and Life" for U.S. and Canadian history. (more info)
- Use the advanced search function to search within a specific discipline. (more info)
- A unique collaboration between libraries and the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies, providing 100% full-text, online access to over 400 titles from prestigious humanities and social sciences journals and nearly 100 not-for-profit publishers. Browse by discipline and select folklore under social sciences (more info)
- One of the most important indexes to the literature of sociology, cultural anthropology and related disciplines. Indexes 1800+ journals and other literature. (more info)