Research Guide: Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Overviews the latest developments in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online access from 1932.
- Overviews the latest developments in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online from 1981.
- Physical Chemistry
- Describes and evaluates recent noteworthy publications in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online from 1950.
- Describes and evaluates recent noteworthy publications in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online from 1939.
Databases – Chemistry specific
- American Chemical Society Publications
- Provides articles published by the American Chemical Society. Years of journals available vary by the title. (more info)
- Royal Society of Chemistry journals
- Search contents of all RSC journals back to 1841 and up to the present. Full text for some titles. (more info)
- Note: This product is available only to Lewis & Clark Chemistry faculty and students, who may request access from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (more info)
Databases – Chemistry-relevant
- Faculty of 1000-Biology
- Highlights and reviews the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 2300 leading researchers. (more info)
- The National Library of Medicine's database covering international biomedical literature. The Lewis & Clark community may access MEDLINE through any of the following interfaces: EBSCOHost, FirstSearch, PubMed, or Web of Science. (more info)
- Science Citation Index
- A part of the Web of Science, the SCI searches the references (citations) found in journal articles in the sciences. Coverage is 1980-present. (more info)
Databases – Multidisciplinary
- Academic OneFile
- Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from leading journals and reference sources. Extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects. (more info)
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier is a comprehensive, scholarly, and multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 12,000 full-text periodicals, including more than 4,700 peer-reviewed journals. (more info)
Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
Websites – Biochemistry
Websites – Chemistry
- American Chemical Society
- The American Chemical Society site with a wide variety of quality chemistry information and links.
- A chemical compound database containing property data and links to specialized WWW information resources for many common compounds. Searching is by name, Registry number, molecular formula or weight.
- ChemInfo:Selected Internet Resources for Chemistry
- SIRCh (Selected Internet Resources for Chemistry) includes "How and Where to Search" categories for general and specialized searches.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Access to the data collections of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, including thermochemical data,reaction thermochemistry data, IR spectra, mass spectra, and more. A comprehensive source for chemical and physical property data for chemical compounds.
- NIST virtual library: chemistry
- NIST's Chemistry areas of research include: chemical characterization of materials, process metrology, chemical and biochemical sensing, nanotechnology, healthcare measurements, environmental measurements, physical property data, chemical and biochemical data, bio-molecules and materials, DNA technologies, and international measurement standards.
- Organic Chemistry Resources Worldwide
- With a very well-organized set of links, this site is targeted for synthetic organic chemists involved in academic or industrial research.
- PubChem provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. It is a component of NIH's Molecular Libraries Roadmap Initiative. (more info)
- Selected classic papers from the history of chemistry
- Arranged in ten categories, this site offers seminal papers in the history of chemistry; links to biographical sketches and/or portraits of the authors. All papers are in English. Includes an extensive Glossary of Archaic Chemical Terms.