Research Guide: Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Overviews the latest developments in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online access from 1932.
- Overviews the latest developments in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online from 1981.
- Physical Chemistry
- Describes and evaluates recent noteworthy publications in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online from 1950.
- Describes and evaluates recent noteworthy publications in the field. Chapters are written by specialists on topics of current interest and varying scope. Includes bibliographies. Online from 1939.
Databases – Chemistry specific
- American Chemical Society Publications
- Provides articles published by the American Chemical Society. Years of journals available vary by the title. (more info)
- Royal Society of Chemistry journals
- Search contents of all RSC journals back to 1841 and up to the present. Full text for some titles. (more info)
- Note: This product is available only to Lewis & Clark Chemistry faculty and students, who may request access from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (more info)
Databases – Chemistry-relevant
- Faculty of 1000Prime (formerly Faculty of 1000-Biology)
- This resource is built on the idea that expert researchers identify the best articles in biology and medicine. It provides personalized recommendations of the best research articles in biology and medicine by the world’s largest group of leading scientists and clinicians – the F1000Prime Faculty. (more info)
- The National Library of Medicine's database covering international biomedical literature. The Lewis & Clark community may access MEDLINE through any of the following interfaces: EBSCOHost, FirstSearch, PubMed, or Web of Science. (more info)
- Science Citation Index
- A part of the Web of Science, the SCI searches the references (citations) found in journal articles in the sciences. Coverage is 1980-present. (more info)
- Includes full text of articles published in Elsevier journals covering agriculture, humanities, genetics, biology, business, accounting, chemistry, engineering, computer sciences, earth and planetary sciences, economics, materials science, medicine, neuroscience, physics, psychology, and other social sciences. (more info)
Databases – Multidisciplinary
- Academic OneFile
- Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from leading journals and reference sources. Extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects. (more info)
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier is a comprehensive, scholarly, and multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 12,000 full-text periodicals, including more than 4,700 peer-reviewed journals. (more info)
Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
Websites – Biochemistry
Websites – Chemistry
- American Chemical Society
- The American Chemical Society site with a wide variety of quality chemistry information and links.
- A chemical compound database containing property data and links to specialized WWW information resources for many common compounds. Searching is by name, Registry number, molecular formula or weight.
- ChemInfo:Selected Internet Resources for Chemistry
- SIRCh (Selected Internet Resources for Chemistry) includes "How and Where to Search" categories for general and specialized searches.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Access to the data collections of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, including thermochemical data,reaction thermochemistry data, IR spectra, mass spectra, and more. A comprehensive source for chemical and physical property data for chemical compounds.
- NIST virtual library: chemistry
- NIST's Chemistry areas of research include: chemical characterization of materials, process metrology, chemical and biochemical sensing, nanotechnology, healthcare measurements, environmental measurements, physical property data, chemical and biochemical data, bio-molecules and materials, DNA technologies, and international measurement standards.
- Organic Chemistry Resources Worldwide
- With a very well-organized set of links, this site is targeted for synthetic organic chemists involved in academic or industrial research.
- PubChem provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. It is a component of NIH's Molecular Libraries Roadmap Initiative. (more info)
- Selected classic papers from the history of chemistry
- Arranged in ten categories, this site offers seminal papers in the history of chemistry; links to biographical sketches and/or portraits of the authors. All papers are in English. Includes an extensive Glossary of Archaic Chemical Terms.