Research Guide: Elections
Elections information--local and national
- Oregon Secretary of State Elections Division
- Includes statewide information on candidates and political parties, initiative petitions and ballot measures, elections officials, voter registration and participation, daily tallies of ballot returns, online voter's guides and more.
- League of Women Voters
- The Portland Chapter of the LWV provides information about registering, ballot measures, and candidates.
- Plug in any address and retrieve a list of all the donors in the neighborhood, the candidate of choice and the amount of money donated.
- Open Secrets.org
- The website of the Center for Responsive Politics, billed as "Your guide to the money in U.S. elections".
- Project Vote Smart
- Non-partisan site teeming with information on federal and state candidates & elected officials.
- Monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases. (more info)
- FairVote is a national organization "acting to transform our elections to achieve unfettered, fraud-free access to participation, a full spectrum of meaningful choices and majority rule with fair representation and a voice for all." View research reports on voting related issues around the globe, or select issues such as "Women," "Redistricting," or "Racial and Ethnic Minorities" for pages with topic overviews, links, articles, and reports.
- Election Guide
- This source links to sites with election results for state, national and other elections around the world. A project of IFES, a nonpartisan, nonprofit democracy development organization.
- NARA: Federal Register: Electoral College
- The National Archives and Records Administration Electoral College site includes information and statistics on presidential elections past and present, an excellent FAQ section and a Procedural Guide to the Electoral College.
U. S. Political Parties
- Democratic National Committee
- Web site of the Democratic Party.
- Republican National Committee
- Web site of the Republican Party.
- Constitution Party
- Web site of the Constitution Party.
- Green Party
- Web site of the Green Party.
- Libertarian Party
- Web site of the Libertarian Party.
- Natural Law Party
- Web site of the Natural Law Party.
- Reform Party
- Web site of the National Reform Party.