L&C + Summit + Articles, etc.
Search with this setting to find articles and other content from many electronic journals and databases.
For a more specialized
search, refer to Research Guides and Databases by Subject
, the A-Z List of Databases
, or select the
databases tab above and enter the name of a specific database.
Search for items at libraries around the world and submit Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests.
Research Guide: Statistics
- Data from the US Census Bureau for the 2000 Census and the 1990 Summary Tape File. (more info)
Population Research Center
- Located at Portland State University, the Population Research Center's primary responsibility is to "provide ready access to census and other information on the population of Oregon and to provide timely analyses of the patterns of past, current, and projected future populations in Oregon and of the implications of such patterns for key issues facing Oregon."
County and City Data Book
- A selection of tables from the most recent edition of the databook .The full-text of the 1988 and 1994 City and County Data Books are available courtesy of the University of Virginia.
Data for Local Communities (Oregon and Washington)
- A gathering place for statistical, spatial, and descriptive information about the cities, counties and other civil, economic and natural regions of Oregon. The LocalData database lets you retrieve web-based information by topic and geography, while Additional Resources provides links to geospatial data and other organizational websites.
Data on the Net
- Search or browse a listing of 363 Internet sites of numeric Social Science statistical data, data catalogs, data libraries, social science gateways, addresses and more.
- Covers areas in the field of international relations and security, includes hard facts on armed conflicts and peace keeping, arms production and trade, military expenditure, armed forces and conventional weapons holding, nuclear weapons, chronology, statistics and other reference data. (more info)
GeoHive: Global Statistics
- Almanac of world statistics: "geopolitical data, statistics on the human population, Earth and more. The main kind of data you can find here is population statistics of regions, countries, provinces and cities. Next to that there are some statistics on economic factors like wealth, infrastructure; statistics on natural phenomena; ....... and yet, even more." Links to statistical offices in many countries.
Historical Statistics of the United States
- The standard source for the quantitative facts of American history. (more info)
Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS)
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series
census microdata for social and economic research
National Agricultural and Statistics Service
- NASS publishes the bulk of the USDA's statistics. For domestic data, also check out the
National Agricultural Library, the main USDA site, and the USDA Economics and Statistics System maintained by the Mann Library Cornell University. For international agricultural statistics, try the Foreign Agricultural Service or the statistical databases of the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations.
National Center for Health Statistics
- Statistics for domestic health issues. For international data try the World Health Organization.
- Authoritative country statistics culled from the UN, World Bank, WHO, OECD etc
- The Organization for Economic and Cooperative Development collects statistics needed for the analysis of economic and social developments by its in-house analysts, committees, working parties, and Member country governments from statistical agencies and other institutions of its Member countries. The OECD shares the experience gained by Members in compiling reliable and comparable statistics with non-Member countries.
Oregon Climate Service
- Current and historical statistics on Oregon's climate.
Population Reference Bureau
- Provides "timely and objective information on U.S. and international population trends and their implications." (more info)
- An annotated listing of data sources useful for demographic or social science research from the University of Amsterdam.
State and Metropolitan Area Data Book
- The Data Book contains a collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States at the State and metropolitan area levels. Selected data for component counties and central cities of metropolitan areas are also included.
Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Now included in ProQuest Statistical Insights. Choose 'related subscriptions' then Statistical Abstract. Contains a collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States. Selected international data are also included. Print copy kept at Watzek Reference Desk. (more info)
Statistical Insight (formerly LexisNexis Statistical)
- Includes statistics produced by the U.S. government, major international and intergovernmental organizations, and other sources.
- Authoritative information about Federal government enforcement, staffing and spending. (more info)
- Browse or search for data series of more than 55 million records from the databases of the UN on employment, education, energy, environment, health, population, refugees, and much more. (more info)
U.S. Historical Census Browser
- The data presented here describe the population and economy of U.S. states and counties from 1790 to 1960.
World Bank e-Atlas of Global Development
- A free, online, interactive tool, which maps and graphs more than 175 indicators from the World Bank's development database including historical data. (more info)
World Development Indicators
- The World Bank's premier annual compilation of data about development. (more info)